In a bout of utter stupidity, I gave ♥TEDDY BOY KILL a miss when they played the Frog live in Bombay a few months ago.Big mistakes happen sometimes. This was one of them.
As always, their album 'The Exit Plan' landed in my lap a few months later, but being the true hoarder of music that I am, I took a few months to listen to it and finally, now that i have ... ... ...
What a mindblowingly blippy trip it is!
Way over the base clutter and clam of electronica as we've seen it in India, Teddy Boy Kill have really gone far out and got themselves an overly edgy (in a good way), solid, pumping sound while keeping the traditional glitchy bleeps and bloops in place. Although the chances of you being fully blown away the first time you listen to the album are little, I do think that if you aren't up and grooving in a tizzy, dizzy, frenzy while listening to first track, and now anthem, 'Tonic', you're either not paying attention or it's time to start worrying.
I've seen a lot of electronica do the rounds over the past year and like someone said, this duo could really make the Midival Punditz (sadly, not the MIDIval PunditZ anymore) and Talvin Singh seem like pocket change.
Now if you'll excuse me, blogwords, I have to get back to allowing Toymob + AudioPervert go all electro-magnetic-cerebral on me.
Head to their Myspace for magic.

No comments:
Post a Comment