Tip #1: The point of this post is in the video and the last sentence. Only.
Tip #2: Use a pair of headphones and crank up the volume while watching the video.
A few months ago Trippyhippy threw me into the fire by asking me to script videos using Motion Typo.
For those of you not in the know, Motion Typo is a heady mix of typeface and video.
Till then, I’d been playing it safe with the pencil and eraser stuff; ideating, writing, mind mapping, structuring websites and trying to take in everything that the digital universe was throwing my way at ridiculously violent speeds.
This was my first solo video scripting project, in a format that the US had explored the time we were starting to explore Orkut.
But, thankfully, I was already half in love with data visualization, infographics and video hosting, so I spent the next 4 hours juggling between Vimeo and Youtube, alternately swapping windows to buffer and watch as much of word-video play as possible.
This was one of the first videos I came across. And it just stuck.
I assume, in addition to being so in-your-face-eyes-ears, it's also because it’s from one of my favorite movies, has the word 'chemical' and 'burn' in it and makes different parts of my brain want to split and scram in opposite directions!
Addendum:
Over the last two months, I’ve scripted half a dozen videos, which have turned out alright, not as good as I painted them to be, but talking about that would mean describing the writer-designer-vision-transference conflict, which in itself, is deserving of another rant.
The point being, every time I start on a new script I always go back to this video. I'm not quite sure what it is; Tyler Durden’s voice or ‘chemical burn’ or all the brutal screaming, but it just gets me going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment