Just recently, I decided to up my knowledge base of yoga by opting for a group study of the Patanjali scriptures. I’m one among fifteen odd people who start all sessions by chanting the universal ‘Om’.
During the last few days I’ve come to notice, that a particularly verbose member of the group is always out of sync. He’s always a step ahead, a bit too loud, too fast and too far out than rest of the gang. This shouldn’t annoy me because, ideally, I should be keeping my mind to myself rather than have it deviate to his vocal cords, but it does. What’s more troubling is that everyone else seems to be extremely nonchalant about it.
Over donkey’s years of having worked with people, I’ve met so many of these, who slow groups down or formulate their own rhythm and just throw the idea of smooth group dynamics out the window to drown in the deep dark sea. Not once, but multiple times. And more often than not, they’re hard to reason with. Also, be sure that while working with them, you won’t have to think twice about the ‘W’ or ‘T’ for your team’s SWOT analysis. These guys become the W and the T. They become your weakness and your internal threat!
So, what do we do with these kind of people?
- Ignore them.
- Interrupt their rhythm and ask them (get them by their collar if you must) to get in sync.
- Or plainly appreciate the fact that their drummer’s a tad bit different and let them do their own thing.
?

Zem master says option 3.
ReplyDeleteObviously the Yoga's working for you.
ReplyDelete